hi can you uh, make a tutorial on how you did your wendy graphic? the one the with black background please :) oh and also, how do i use topaz? :/ like, i downloaded it and tried to use it but it didn't end up as sharp as your wendy one :( thank you so much in advance :D
I’m afraid i don’t have the psd anymore, but it’s relatively simple so i’ll try and remember what i did!
[Here it is btw]
For the top part:
- it’s helpful to get a darker screencap so you can darken the edges of the character in question without too much trouble
- basically add a new clear layer and colour around the character in black so the whole space of the graphic is covered (apart from the character/s you want to see obv)
- Just colour it as you would normally and add a black and white layer over it all
- Now time for TEXTURES (add them under the b+w layer and above the colour layers)
- I added one watercolour-type texture and set it to ‘colour burn’ 100%
- and above that i added a starry texture and set it to ‘screen’ at about 50%
- & lightly erase over the character if needed
That is basically all i did, as for the bottom part i just coloured it like normal and added a ‘diffuse glow’ filter on about 30%, nothing special really (and i’m afraid i won’t be giving out/remaking any psds)
as for topaz i have never, and shall never, use it so i have really no idea how to use it, sorry!
I hope that was vaguely helpful in some way, i really don’t have the time to make a stage by stage tutorial at the moment!
Could you make a tutorial on how you screencap + get your graphics into photoshop to edit. I'm so confused.
I’m assuming you mean how to make gifs & it’s pretty simple once you get the hang of it anon!
I use KMPlayer to screencap so just open up the clip/episode you want & click ctrl+G which will bring up ‘frame extraction’ … to make smooth flowing gifs i have the settings like this;
play the clip at the part you want capping and press ‘start’ and again to stop it.
Now you have your screencaps you want to import them into photoshop (I have CS4 but i’m assuming other versions are the similar) … click ‘file’ + ‘scripts’ then ‘load files into stack’ … then ‘browse’ and open all the screencaps you want to use, highlight them all like so …
then click okay and they’ll import into photoshop … make sure the animation frames bar is open at the bottom, if not click ‘window’ and ‘animation’ … next highlight all your frames on the right then click ‘make frames from layers’ …
which will make it into frames for a gif and you can edit them accordingly! :D
hope that was useful, if you wanted something clarifying drop me an ask :)
Gif and Image Blending Tutorial
I don’t think i’m that great at explaining photoshop things, hence this being my first tutorial, so if there’s anything that’s unclear just drop me a message and i’ll try to help as best I can :)
This is to make something like my sidebar;